As a member in reasonably good standing of the #GeorgiaFanClub, of course we attended her high school graduation at East Webster in May. We started the graduation adventure at Georgia’s house in Cumberland. Sandra gave her granddaughter a ring that her momma gave to her when she graduated from high school. (SWEET!) Continue reading
“Like anything you buy once a year for many years, it doesn’t take long to have a big collection,” Dance said.
Although not a historic home, Mathairs Feith was constructed to pay homage to Carrollton’s historic architecture. Built in 2013, the home was built to resemble a dog-trot, cottage-style home. Mathairs Feith is a wood-framed house on a standing slab with a vaulted great room, 10-foot ceilings and deep crown molding. Throughout the house, architectural elements brought into the home echo Carroll County’s long history. The front doors were salvaged from the old home demonstration kitchen at the Mississippi State Extension Office in Carroll County. The back door is from the old Colvin home in North Carrollton and the side door is from the old Berris Johnson home in Carrollton. A claw-foot bathtub was gifted by Mina Gee and the mantels came from the Vance House. The church pews displayed in the home came from Zion Chapel Church in McCarley. Mathairs Feith, Irish for mother’s gift, is owned by Bill and Judi Gillespie.
Shadesrest is located at 112 W. Washington St. and was built circa 1860 with Eastlake features. This is a fitting name for this rambling two-story house, that has had many owners over the years. It was remodeled in the 1990’s. Shades Rest is the home of Bo and Shonda Milton. It is unknown when the home was originally built, but the earliest records go back to 1839.