Susan Welch at Whitney’s Boutique in Vaiden said velour is HUGE this year. From tops to dresses, Welch said velour is extremely popular this season.
- The cold shoulder tops that were so popular in the summer and going right into fall.
- Mineral wash fabrics are incredibly soft and very popular in pants and tops this year.
- Boot-cut/flair leg pants.
- Animal prints never go out of style.
- Tassels, beads, and big “chunky” bold jewelry
- Texture is big this fall– velour, suede, leather.
- Soft kimonos in soft fabrics and pretty fall colors.
- Long vests
- Traditional fall colors including rust, gold and brown, but other colors such as dusty rose, olive, navy, wine and gray will be very popular this fall.
- Denim jackets and distressed jeans – some with embroidery.
- Bomber jackets
- Plaids – “Plaid tunics are easy, comfortable and cute,” Welch said.
This story was part of a feature story about Fall Fashion for The Winona Times, in the September, 28, 2017 edition.