The property in which Tanglewood sits has a history as rich as the town of Carrollton. The tract of land was originally purchased in 1834 by John and Robert Clow, brothers who obtained a patent from the United States government for the entire site of Carrollton. The property is west of a 40-acres plot that was designated as the county seat of Carrollton, and named Carrollton. The current home was built in 1905, after the original home built on the property was destroyed by a fire. The house remained in the Gee family until the 1970s, when it was purchased by Dr. Millard Costilow. In 2015, Tanglewood was purchased by Drs. Steve and Reba Bailey. The house and grounds are currently undergoing a complete restoration.