First Baptist Church of Eupora has ministered to the community for 125 years and is still going strong.
The congregation of First Baptist Church in Eupora was formed in 1890, but this building was constructed in 1949, with additions and renovations over the years.
The stain glass is the focal point of the sanctuary with windows depicts the key elements of Jesus Christ’s ministry on earth over 2,000 years ago. The scenes above depict the Transfiguration, the Last Supper, Christ’s death on the cross and the resurrected Christ in the garden.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This photo gallery ran in the March 2007 edition of North Mississippi Christian Family. See the photo page at: NMSCF MArch 2007 page 14